You might also like...

Image Map

Thursday 31 May 2018

When I met Ondée...

I think I've fallen in love and it's so exciting! We met each other a few months ago and I think it was love at first sight...at least for me.
 

It all started last year when I was looking for a dress pattern and could not find something that I liked. All I wanted was a simple, plain straight dress I could sew without any trouble for the beginner/intermediate that I am. I had bought a pattern in a shop but was disappointed (we will discuss that later on). And then I came across a picture of a dress in my Google search and that was it! I had to get it there and then, but that too is another story that I'm keeping for later.

For those of you familiar with their patterns, you will have recognised straight away from the title of this post who I am talking about: Deer and Doe of course!
 
People you have got to check them out, I have been obsessed with them. I will stay focused on the subject of this post not to make it too long but seriously, check them out!
 
Now back to the reason for this post: the Ondée sweater. The pattern can be found in their online shop here.
 
I bought it a month ago and it was delivered in my letterbox in a few days.
 
*I know I said I would focus on the sweater but another little info: know that if you can't wait and want to get started straight away, some of their patterns are also available in PDF versions. The prices are very affordable: all patterns are 14€ for printed and 11€ for PDF*
 
The packaging is simple but very cute: it comes with the full size pattern and two booklets with instructions. Why two you're asking me? One in French, one in English (yes, Deer and Doe is French by the way).
 


Once the pattern was traced and the different pieces cut, it was pretty straight forward really. The seam allowance is included in the patterns which saves a lot of time. I don't know about you, but I hate having to add it: tracing and cutting already takes forever!

In the end, I completed this sweater last night in...two Grey's Anatomy's episodes and 3 and 1/2 episodes of similar medical TV shows. That's about 4 hours 1/2 (but I've cheated, the pieces were cut a few days ago).
 
Click on this picture to see a bigger version of my wonderful sweater :-)
I'll be honest, it's not my first time using their pattern (you've probably guessed it by now) so I am used to their instructions by now.

I've used a light blue jersey with a cute flower pattern on it.

Detail of the waistline
I had some doubts about using this fabric for my first attempt but in the end it turned out great. This type of jersey was easier to use than expected. I might stop being so scared of using it more often in the future.

Detail of the sleeve
I'm super proud of the final result and cannot stop looking at it: it has spent the whole day hanging in my workshop for me to admire :-) I promise I'll put it away tonight...maybe

Detail of the collar
I'm going to have to make another one soon. I have some fabric I haven't used from last year so I am tempted...

Stay tuned for my next Deer and Doe adventure!

--------------

Pattern: Ondée Sweater from Deer and Doe
Fabric: Jersey from Laurent Tissus
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...