You might also like...

Image Map

Tuesday 19 June 2018

When I met Datura...

 
WARNING: there are a lot of pictures in this post :-)
 
"Damn! You are on fire!!" That's what my boyfriend said the other day when I showed him another finished project in my workshop. Indeed, I've been quite productive lately and I'm enjoying it a LOT really.

Let me introduce you to my new tops. I tried Datura from....? You know it...go on...say it! Deer and Doe of course. Maybe I'll just try to do all their patterns until I get sick of them (like this could happen, right?!).
 
Datura wasn't at the top of my list even though it was on it, but as I was waiting for another pattern to come through the post which hadn't arrived, and got frustrated because I had no project on that weekend. That's when the beauty of PDF patterns kicks in: I went online and in 5 minutes I had a project to keep me busy for the weekend. I've used fabrics from my old stock: all fabrics are a few years old.
 
I started with the blue one:
 
click to enlarge picture

click to enlarge picture

click to enlarge picture

The buttons are sewn directly to the fabric so the back doesn't open
Then found this yellow dotted cotton: I remember buying it back then for a dress but changed my mind and never got around to use it in the end. Love the contrast with the black piping, gives me a little bumble bee look but I find it so cute :-)

click to enlarge picture

click to enlarge picture

click to enlarge picture

click to enlarge picture

click to enlarge picture


this bias tape method for the hem is so cool!
And as I still had some time left on that Sunday, I made another one to end the weekend:
 
click to enlarge picture

click to enlarge picture

click to enlarge picture

click to enlarge picture

click to enlarge picture

There you have it...or them! Making three in a row was helpful actually because it was tricky the first time around to put the shoulders together. I had to read the explanations several times and look at some tutorials online to understand how to do it to be honest. If it wasn't for that, I would have probably finished them a bit faster I think.
 
But in all, another Deer and Doe pattern I'm happy with!
 
--------------
Pattern: Datura blouse by Deer and Doe
Fabrics: blue cotton (cretonne) from Mondial Tissus; yellow cotton from Mondial Tissus; others are plain cotton fabrics from Laurent Tissus

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...