You might also like...

Image Map

Wednesday 2 September 2015

New addiction?

I may have started a new addiction over the weekend.

A few weeks ago, I found in the sales some sewing books: I bought three for the price of one. I bought them after my sewing teacher made me sew a tunic from a book from the Mes Carnets de Couture collection.

As the classes stopped for the summer, I decided to make one on my own from one of the books. I have been a bit obsessed with this idea since then!

I have already made one a week ago (I will show it in another post).

I then chose to try something that was marked as "difficult", but I loved the design so much I gave it a go. It took me a few evenings after work to prepare the pattern and cut the fabric. Last Saturday, I spent the day putting it together.

Click on image to enlarge

This one is from the book "Tuniques pour petits et grands" and is the model E: Tunique à Plastron
Click on image to enlarge
As I had some red fabric left, I added a little bit at the end of the sleeves and around the collar.
Click on image to enlarge
The trickiest part was the folding of the plastron, but once I got it, it was pretty straightforward.
Click on image to enlarge

The explanations in the book were clear so it was easy to follow for someone who is not used to sew clothes...
Click on image to enlarge

Until the next project...and there is another one coming. I've been productive over the weekend :-)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...