You might also like...

Image Map

Monday 14 September 2015

Trying something new

UEver heard of Kirigami? If you're not into papercraft, probably not.
Last year at a craft show, I did see this art presented by a guy exposing his cards there. I found this quite cool but did not want to get into yet another hobby. I mean, there are only so many things a crafter can do, right? Nah! We always find new things to do!

Last week, it was one of my colleague's birthday and I was in charge of the card. As I'm still setting up my workshop (yep. Still not done!), I needed something quick, not messy but that would stil look nice though because I've do not give handmade things that look not finished.

So I though about the cards I had seen last year but I could not remember th name of the method used. Took me a while on Google but the name finally popped up. 

You still don't know what it means though, I know. Kirigami is the art of cutting a pattern on a piece of paper to make cards or decorations.

She likes cats and the colour blue so I found the pattern online, and already had some blue paper. 

Click on image to enlarge
Don't know if I'll do it again because even though it's not messy, it does take some time...and I chose a basic pattern as it was my first time.

On the other hand, it does not require a lot of material which is nice.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...