You might also like...

Image Map

Wednesday 21 November 2012

After the Babyshower.....

The birth!!

My dear twin has given me a new nephew: that makes the grand total of nephews and nieces to 7. Not all hers of course lol

This little one is so tiny and cute it is unbelievable. But then, we have a habit to make super cute babies in the family. Do not ask how we do it (or they, as I am just the auntie)...we just do!

So back in August, I decided to make him a Bunting Bag (or "Nid d'Ange" in French, which literally means "Angel's nest")
This project is by far the most adventurous thing I have ever attempted to knit! I've had to start all over again 3 times as I kept on making mistakes with the cable pattern. The baby arrived on 15th and I finished it on 17th at night (started it on 30th August....yes....): I even sewed the buttons in the car on the hospital car park lol There are some mistakes but in all, I am proud of what I have achieved considering I have only knitted gloves and scarves before. I had about 5 hours sleep in 3 days (that's including the travelling day on Sunday) but the most important thing is she liked it :-)

He is so small he will not be able to wear it until at least a couple of months, but it will be used.

So here is what picture number 4 of my Sneak Preview post was: the Bunting Bag!
Any comments?







 Oh! I found this pattern on the Drops Design website, by the way.

That's all for today :-)
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...